G. W. Pugh Sabine Parish, Louisiana
G. W. Pugh, a progressive citizen of
Noble, was born in DeSoto parish in 1859, moved with his father
to Sabine, ten miles from the DeSoto parish line in 1872. His
father built a sawmill with gin and corn mill attached, which
was known as Pugh's Mill and for many years was a voting
G. W. Pugh resided here until 1900, when
he moved to Noble and engaged in the gin business which he still
conducts. He has been twice married and has ten children. Mr.
Pugh has taken an active interest in local and parish affairs.
He has served as a member of the Parish
School Board and as president of that body. He is a genial
gentleman and good citizen.
Source: History of Sabine Parish,
Louisiana, by John G. Belisle, Sabine Banner Press, 1913.